Head of Software
Department Name: Software Services
Reports To: CIO
Scope of Supervision: Software Services
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
At MIB Group, Inc., we are impacting lives and helping secure the future for millions of people. Our fraud detection services provide over a billion dollars of protective value to the Life Insurance Industry. MIB's suite of SaaS applications ensure members can offer affordable life and health insurance protection to help individuals and families at their most vulnerable moments. If you are energized by crafting the best software possible and are passionate about helping people, then we would like to speak with you!
MIB has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Director of Software Engineering, located at our headquarters in Braintree, MA. Reporting directly to our CIO, you will contribute to innovations in software product development in areas such as our Electronic Health Records (EHR) platform, Analytics, Search Optimization., and other product development.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BSCS with MSCS/MSEE preferred
- 10+ years in software development leadership with a demonstrated career management progression
- Strong emotional intelligence with proven team leadership success
- Expert mentoring, coaching and career development of individuals and teams
- Proven success with Open Source Software technology stacks (e.g. Java, Angular, Docker, RabbitMQ, PostGreSQL, etc.
- MicroServices and Linux, Windows, and AWS
- Experience securing and working with HIPAA, PHI, PII, and other confidential data
- Building security best practices (HiTrust, OWASP, NIST, SOC2, etc.) into development
- Agile/SCRUM (with Jira/Confluence), Kanban, and DevOps practices
- Application Search and algorithm expertise
- Successful collaboration and engagement expertise working directly with business development, partners, and executive-level customers
- Accomplished transforming and refactoring existing technology/products
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
TIME ALLOCATION: (ex 25% Administration)
OTHER MATERIAL INFORMATION:
Added Value and Experience:
- Container Orchestration Technologies (Docker Swarm or Kubernetes)
- Experience with IBM z/OS, MQ Series, WebSphere, and DB2
- Vendor Evaluation and partner selection
- Life Insurance Industry Expertise
- Understanding and experience with Blockchain
- Experience with FCRA or success working within other highly regulated industries
All Associates (whether full-time, part-time, or temporary), Interns, Subcontractors, and Service Providers are to follow the Information Security Program to:
- Ensure the security of Protected Information
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of Protected Information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of Protected Information in a manner that creates a substantial risk of a security breach, identity theft or fraud. Associates must contact the Help Desk immediately in the event of or suspicion of a security event (e.g., lost or stolen equipment, sensitive information disclosure, etc.)
This job description does not include a comprehensive list of all duties the associate may be asked to perform in the course of the business day or may be assigned as part of the position. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate based on MIB business needs.
If you are interested in a career at MIB, please send your cover letter, resume, and career interests to our Human Resources Department:
MIB Group, Inc.
Human Resources Department
50 Braintree Hill Park, Suite 400
Braintree, MA 02184-8734
MIB is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MIB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, without regard to race, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected status, for all persons, based solely on an individual's qualifications and fitness. MIB's policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.