Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Company: MIB Group, Inc.
Department Name: Finance
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reports To: CEO
Job Grade: Officer
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
MIB is seeking a talented executive to manage our financial activities and provide strong leadership in support of executing our transformational growth plan. In this high profile role, the chief financial officer (CFO), will report to the CEO and will be a key member of the company’s executive team. The CFO will have responsibility for MIB’s financial activities and provide strong partnership and support to our business leaders developing and executing our business plans. This talented professional will ensure accurate reporting of our financial statements while seeking to streamline our reporting and operational processes to enhance financial planning, analysis and business partner functions. We are seeking a leader who is collaborative, has strong domain expertise in finance, and is interested in playing a critical role leading a growing, dynamic organization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 15 years of progressive financial leadership experience
- Core understanding of GAAP accounting, financial reporting, financial operations, treasury and tax
- Experience leading corporate finance activities, including budgeting, strategic planning, financial analysis, investor relations, financing, capital raising and M&A
- Experience working with Board, Audit and Finance Committees
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Strong team-builder/partner with critical thinking skills
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Manage critical financial activities including: accounting, purchasing, audits, financial reporting, treasury, investments, insurance, tax and regulatory compliance while ensuring timely, accurate and compliant reporting
- Lead financial planning and analysis processes including: budgeting, long-range strategic planning and ad-hoc analytics
- Through collaborative internal partnerships, provide business leaders and stakeholders consultative support, thoughtful analysis, relevant KPIs and actionable insights to facilitate management and data driven decisions
- Provide financial leadership on strategic initiatives, including new business development, client/product pricing, partnerships, M&A and financing activities
- Maintain strong external relationships with a wide range of external advisors and vendors including: audit, tax, business partners, investment bankers, commercial bankers, investors, key vendors, insurance brokers and other professionals
- Manage best practices for financial reporting and performance analysis
- Ensure compliance with financial commitments and agreements
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns
- Operate as primary executive liaison to Audit committee of the Board
- Ensure strong control environment, through policy, practice and “tone at the top”
- Manage investment policies with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Provide strong people leadership and personnel development, embracing MIBs core values
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Displays excellent leadership and interpersonal skills by exhibiting high integrity and authenticity
- Demonstrates a team-oriented “organization first” mindset
- Shows flexibility and adaptability in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment
- Operates as a self-starter with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Works effectively with all levels of the organization
- Exhibits strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Applies a curious and data-driven mindset
- Grasps complex issues facing the company and distills them quickly
OTHER MATERIAL INFORMATION:
All Associates (whether full-time, part-time, or temporary), Interns, Subcontractors, and Service Providers are obligated to adhere to MIB’s Information Security Program to:
- Ensure the security of Protected Information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of Protected Information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of Protected Information in a manner that creates a substantial risk of a security breach, identity theft or fraud. Associates must contact the Help Desk immediately in the event of or suspicion of a security event (e.g., lost or stolen equipment, sensitive information disclosure, etc.)
This job description does not include a comprehensive list of all duties the associate may be asked to perform in the course of the business day or may be assigned as part of the position. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate based on MIB business needs.
If you are interested in a career at MIB, please send your cover letter, resume, and career interests to our Human Resources Department:
MIB Group, Inc.
Human Resources Department
50 Braintree Hill Park, Suite 400
Braintree, MA 02184-8734
MIB is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MIB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, without regard to race, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected status, for all persons, based solely on an individual's qualifications and fitness. MIB's policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.