Operations Support Analyst
Department Name: Computer Operations
Reports To: Computer Operations Manager
This position is responsible for monitoring and providing first level support for MIB’s enterprise computer systems including network and infrastructure assets to support MIB’s internal and external client base. This position responds to system anomalies, takes remediation actions in accordance with MIB’s operating polices and/or escalates critical incidents to subject matter experts. This role is also an extension of MIB’s Help Desk mainly during off-hour situations. The Operations Support Analyst provides a critical role ensuring MIB’s customer facing applications are up and available in accordance with defined service offerings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Data Center, Production Support and/or Help Center experience preferred but not required.
Qualification: Data Center, Production Support and/or Help Center experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to learn and articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Capable of working independently and multitasking, or as part of a larger team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with using and supporting current releases of Microsoft’s suite of business applications.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires considerable decision-making capabilities since the associate must diagnose incidents that arise within MIB’s enterprise computing platforms. Such incidents may include but are not limited to hardware, software, infrastructure and data & workflow processes.
- Basic understanding of network monitoring protocols, network performance monitoring tools, and network devices.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Process all tasks and complete assigned shift reports.
- Use Service Desk software to log, assign and record resolution to incidents.
- Identify staff or vendors required to resolve issues and take necessary steps (phone, page, etc.) to get them involved as directed.
- Works in accordance with MIB’s Incident, and Change Management processes. Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the varying tools and processes. Coordinate incidents with cross-functional teams to manage and resolve infrastructure issues.
- The associate must work to stay current with new technology in the industry always looking to promote continuous improvement. Participation in training classes, seminars and industry-sponsored events are necessary for the associate to remain current.
- Responsible for updating and recommending improvements to current procedures to enhance every day
- Works with the MIB Help Desk to obtain general knowledge needed to support Internal and External customers during the off hours where the Operations Support Analyst acts as an extension of MIB’s Help Desk.
- Reconcile batch process results and escalate to subject matter experts as needed.
- Monitor the cross-platform computer systems ensuring scheduled tasks are functioning as expected with the desired completion codes and result sets. Able to decipher console messages and other monitoring alerts and escalate to the appropriate subject matter experts if needed.
- Maintains MIB‘s production job scheduler to meet all daily, weekly, monthly and special scheduled batch job requirements.
- Performs post processing analysis and production database validation for daily and recurring scheduled maintenance routines. Examines trends and investigates deviations and, most importantly, documents and reports “out of the norm” incidents and conditions.
- Assists the Infrastructure teams with validation and testing for system upgrades and patching.
- Assists deployment groups with validation and testing for business application modifications and enhancements.
- Adheres to established Security standards and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks such as (network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.).
- 50% - Monitors availability for MIB productions applications and computing platforms via MIB NOC (Network Operations Center)
- 25% - Special projects as assigned
- 10% - Support and prepares self to support MIB Help Desk
- 10% - Self-study and industry training
- 5% - Administration, reporting and documentation for MIB data center policies and procedures
All Associates (whether full-time, part-time, or temporary), Interns, Subcontractors, and Service Providers are to follow the Information Security Program to:
- Ensure the security of Protected Information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of Protected Information;
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of Protected Information in a manner that creates a substantial risk of a security breach, identity theft or fraud. Associates must contact the Help Desk immediately in the event of or suspicion of a security event (e.g., lost or stolen equipment, sensitive information disclosure, etc.)
OTHER MATERIAL INFORMATION:
All Associates (whether full-time, part-time, or temporary), Interns, Subcontractors, and Service Providers are obligated to adhere to MIB’s Information Security Program to:
Computer Operations is a 7x24 enterprise-computing environment that supports MIB’s core business applications and infrastructure components around the clock. The operations team is considered ’essential staff’ requiring onsite staffing. While analysts are assigned to a shift rotation this position is not shift specific. This means that Associates in Computer Operations must be flexible to work all shifts in a permanent or temporary rotation (for purposes such as training). This includes nights, weekends and holidays.
This job description does not include a comprehensive list of all duties the associate may be asked to perform in the course of the business day or may be assigned as part of the position. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate based on MIB business needs.
If you are interested in a career at MIB, please send your cover letter, resume, and career interests to our Human Resources Department:
MIB Group, Inc.
Human Resources Department
50 Braintree Hill Park, Suite 400
Braintree, MA 02184-8734
MIB is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MIB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, without regard to race, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected status, for all persons, based solely on an individual's qualifications and fitness. MIB's policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.