Sr. Software Developer in Test
Company: MIB Group, Inc.
Department Name: IT - Quality Services
Reports To: Director – Quality Services and/or QA Manager
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Join a dynamic development organization that brings innovation to the life insurance industry. If you enjoy exploring new technologies, building prototypes and extending our automation framework capabilities by leveraging AWS cloud technologies and industry standard tools, then we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate is a hands-on software developer in test with extensive experience in developing scalable automation frameworks using a DEVOPS approach. Strong, firsthand java coding expertise and experience with CI and automation frameworks will differentiate you from other candidates. Exposure to micro-services and other service driven architectures will empower you to contribute quickly to testing and automation activities. Agile experience is a must. You should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven/behavior-driven development. We’re looking for someone who demonstrates good communication skills, is a great collaborator, handles responsibility and failure well, has strong analytical skills, and enjoys learning.
EDUCATION / SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree is a plus – Information Technology concentration a plus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of Java coding experience, good Object Oriented designs and software design patterns knowledge
- 5+ years of hands-on Quality Assurance Engineer experience covering a broad scope of business, technologies and software development disciplines
- Very knowledgeable in APIs both REST JSON and SOAP XML
- Experience in Selenium automation is required including usage of BDD frameworks such as Cucumber
- Hands-on API testing using frameworks such as REST Assured or Karate
- Hands on knowledge of Jenkins administration, Jenkins Pipelines creation, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Artifactory
- Knowledgeable with builds and branching models using GIT
- Well versed Agile/DEVOPS practitioner
- Experience in performance tests using JMeter is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Unit Test frameworks and code coverage measurement toolset
- Implemented and used ghosting and mocking frameworks
- Java, XML, XSLT, REST, JSON, SQL, web development technologies
- DevOps and build automation tools like Docker, Gradle, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Testing frameworks such as Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Gatling
- Jira, Confluence, qTest, Elastic/Kibana
- Scripting languages like Groovy, Shell, etc.
- Windows / Linux
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Designs, builds and implements a brand new Data Quality framework using industry standards
- Implements and maintains Jenkins CI/CD pipelines including the full spectrum of automated tests from Unit and integration/component level tests to business level System tests
- Partner with Operations and Systems teams to build out MIB’s log aggregation solution using Elastic, Kibana and Jenkins
- Supports transition to AWS of existing automation frameworks and automate any remaining manual step
- Manages, maintains and improves performance test framework and toolset
- Document and present at a regular timeframe the framework and changes/updates in the framework to all the stakeholders (DEV, QA, Operation).
- Owns the documentation and communication around automation frameworks
- Manages the automation backlog and involves cross-functional players from the IT organization aligned with QA strategic goals and objectives.
- Mentor/coach associates and teams towards automation practices
- Proactively seek out and grow partnerships across all MIB IT functional groups and business stakeholders
- Ensures for Quality Assurance involvement and representation at all the ‘right’ steps in the software development lifecycle process.
- Contributes to improving the software development and maintenance process and contributes to the creation of policies and procedures for maintaining organization-wide reusable assets.
- Participates in requirements capture and reviews of requirements specifications that lead to the implementation, testing, and deployment of software systems, applications, and components
- Participates in the reviews of the technical architecture of major components.
OTHER MATERIAL INFORMATION:
All Associates (whether full-time, part-time, or temporary), Interns, Subcontractors, and Service Providers are obligated to adhere to MIB’s Information Security Program to:
- Ensure the security of Protected Information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of Protected Information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of Protected Information in a manner that creates a substantial risk of a security breach, identity theft or fraud. Associates must contact the Help Desk immediately in the event of or suspicion of a security event (e.g., lost or stolen equipment, sensitive information disclosure, etc.)
This job description does not include a comprehensive list of all duties the associate may be asked to perform in the course of the business day or may be assigned as part of the position. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate based on MIB business needs.
If you are interested in a career at MIB, please send your cover letter, resume, and career interests to our Human Resources Department:
MIB Group, Inc.
Human Resources Department
50 Braintree Hill Park, Suite 400
Braintree, MA 02184-8734
MIB is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MIB is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, without regard to race, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected status, for all persons, based solely on an individual's qualifications and fitness. MIB's policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.